15 Oct Red Blazers 2019
The highest award that the College can bestow on a student is College Honours in the form of the Red Blazer. The Red Blazer celebrates the achievements of those exceptional students who have achieved a minimum of full colours in at least three of the pillars of a Dainfern College education: Academics, the Cultural Arts, Sport, Service and Leadership. A white scroll extracurricular award can replace sport or culture provided the student has represented the school at first team level and has achieved at least a team scroll in this area.
Students also need to show evidence of their commitment to Dainfern College over a period of time and thus need to have achieved Prestige awards in at least two of these areas.
In addition to these achievements students will only be considered for a Red Blazer award if their conduct is exemplary and epitomises the values of the College, and they have completed the required Outreach hours (10 hours per year).
The countless hours of commitment and the high level of skills required to achieve across these disciplines show that recipients of the Red Blazer are genuine all-rounders at the highest level, rather than specialists in one field.
- Gabrielle Smith: Academics, Individual Music, Music Ensemble and Outreach
- Jenna Smart: Academics, Outreach, Sports Honours (Athletics, Hockey, Swimming)
- Matthew Pretorius: Academics, Individual Music, Music Ensemble, Swimming
- Patrick Casserly: Academics, Hockey, Leadership
- Thoriso Lamola: Academics, Cultural Honours (Music Ensemble, Performing Arts, Public Speaking), Service
- Vinnie Ledwaba: Academics, Leadership, Music Ensemble, Performing Arts, Service
- Caryn Love: Dance, Leadership, Swimming, Water Polo
- Michael Gait-Smith: Academics, Athletics, Cross Country, Individual Music
- Babalwa Vabaza: Academics, Leadership, Music Ensemble, Public Speaking
- Pumelele Vabaza: Academics, Debating, Leadership, Music Ensemble
Several other students were awarded their blazers at the end of 2018, including:
- Rachel Calaz: Academics, Athletics, Cultural Honours (Chess, Individual Music, Music Ensemble)
- Tina Giannopoulos: Academics, Athletics, Individual Music, Public Speaking
- Feranmi Oluwadairo: Academics, Athletics, Public Speaking
Congratulations to you all!