The Dainfern College Parents' Association (PA) runs a wide variety of activities in support of developments at the school.
All parents are encouraged to participate constructively in the life of Dainfern College, and the PA is always looking for assistance in a wide variety of areas. Those parents interested in either assisting at specific functions or serving on the PA in some more formalised capacity should contact the Chairperson, Joanne Lund.
The objectives of the Dainfern Parents' Association are threefold: Liaison, Social Interaction and Fundraising for the common good of the school.
The PA is run under the auspices of a Chairperson and an Executive Committee, but all parents are encouraged to become involved, should they have the time and/or inclination. For those parents who have been with the school over the past few years, the growth of Dainfern College has been both rewarding and challenging.
The Committee members have been assigned specific portfolios which will spread the load of responsibility and allow members to focus on a specific task so that the fundraiser/event is executed successfully. In saying that, we still encourage the Committee to offer their support to each other for all the events. We encourage class moms to get more involved in supporting the PA - we want to have fun working together as a team remembering that we are all working towards a common goal: to improve the facilities at our school and to be able to give back to those that are not as fortunate as we are.
PA activities for the year
- Continued use and promotion of MY SCHOOL CARD. This is a major fundraiser for the PA as it raises a huge amount of money each year. We must sign up more parents and make them remember to use their cards! Should any new parent need assistance with My School or need more details on it, please contact Jacqui Pitt. To download an application form for a MySchool Card please click here. For a list of MySchool partners in Northern Johannesburg please click here.
- Mondi waste paper collection - we have regular magazine and 'used telephone book’ collections.
- Grade 0 and 1 mini walk.
- Golf day.
- Ladies’ lunch.
- Organisation of sports teas.
- We continue to support the Dainfern Outreach feeding scheme. The PA is also very involved in other Outreach projects at the school - please click here for an update of Outreach projects for this year.
- We ask the heads of the school to guide us with what they think is a priority and present to us with a "WISH LIST" for the year so that we have something to work towards.
- We want to try and focus on getting the high school parents and pupils more involved.
- We will also be discussing different options for an additional social event or fundraiser.
The Parents' Association Committee:
If you would like to email the Parents' Association, click here.