Dainfern College Preparatory School is committed to developing curricula that are relevant, appropriate and which enable our pupils to develop critical thinking skills, stimulate creative inquiry and become independent pupils. True to the College’s motto, “A world of education… an education for the world!”, we strive at all times to keep our education relevant in global terms. The focus is on guiding our pupils to acquire life-long skills in preparation for a rapidly changing world with uncertain future requirements. We strive to achieve this through focusing on a skills-based curriculum of creative inquiry, incorporating a range of teaching methodologies. Pupils are guided to acquire life-long skills in preparation for a rapidly changing world with uncertain future requirements.
Through internal quality assurance mechanisms, thorough academic policies and continued staff development, Dainfern College Preparatory is committed to the ensuring that our services are representative of best practice. The academic endeavours of the Senior Preparatory are overseen by the Deputy Principal (Academics), Mr Brendan Quinn.
At the beginning of Grade 4, along with a slight shift towards more formalised assessment practices, pupils are required to specialise in a First Additional Language by choosing between isiZulu and Afrikaans.
The following subjects are offered in the Senior Preparatory, with the Heads of each subject are included in brackets:
- English First Language (Ms Margie Pettit)
- Afrikaans First Additional Language (Mrs Janine Clements)
- isiZulu First Additional Language (Mrs Busi Mncube)
- Mathematics (Mr Kidi Ramollo)
- Life Orientation (Mrs Eva Odendaal). This particular subject includes Physical Education and Life Skills.
- Natural Science (Ms Corinna Dovey)
- Social Sciences (Mr Marc Abbott)
- Art (Ms Rozaan Daniel)
- Music (Mrs Gillian Koller)
- Technology (Mr Anthony Egbers). This particular subject includes Information & Communication Technology (ICT) as well as Design & Technology (D&T)
Dainfern College is a happy, vibrant school, committed to providing positive educational experiences in the interests of productive, educational rigour.
For further information please contact our Deputy Principal: Academics, Louise Browne.