JP Outreach Programme
Each year in the Junior Preparatory department we strive to increase our Outreach goals and make “more of a difference” in our local community. We also hope that our Dainfern College pupils will appreciate that there are many children less fortunate than themselves.
Our JP department works closely with the rest of Dainfern College, as we strive to support many of the College’s Outreach activities. Although we do initiate our own programmes, many of the drives are “cross-school” events. The school we support is Reshomile School in Diepsloot.
- The JP staff meet with the teachers from Reshomile to share ideas and help with lesson planning and teaching aids.
- CANSA Shavathon.
- Easter egg collection for Reshomile learners.
- We collect blankets and warm clothing for Reshomile. The orphans and most vulnerable are identified by the headmistress.
- We visit Reshomile with a group of JP learners to deliver the winter clothes. Our isiZulu teacher accompanies us, and we perform and share songs, poems etc.
- We celebrate Mr Mandela’s birthday by bringing in chopped vegetables which the children have prepared at home. These are then used to make soup. The children also make sandwiches in class and this is all sent over to Reshomile.
- Collection for Xmas hampers, which comprise sweets and toiletry packs. These are distributed among all our Outreach schools.
- Distribution of gifts from Grades 1, 2 and 3: These are teaching aids which have been bought with funds raised in our Entreprenurial Days.
A big thank-you, once again, to all the Dainfern Community for donating so willingly to all these worthwhile causes.
JP Outreach Coordinator