How do I enrol my child at Dainfern College?
Thank you for your interest in Dainfern College. We believe the best way to experience our incredible school is to walk around and talk to our enthusiastic pupils and teachers. We warmly invite you to visit Dainfern College and see our school in action on our next Open Day:
The enrolment process at Dainfern College includes the follow:
- Completion of an Application for Enrolment form for each child that you wish to enrol at Dainfern College.
- On application, a non-refundable Application Fee of R500 is payable by you for each child that you wish to enrol. Please note that Dainfern College is a cash-free zone. The College banking details are included in the Fee Structure for electronic transfers, and we ask you please to email the proof of payment to us.
- Submission of a Final Clearance Certificate from your child/ren’s previous school, confirming that payment of all fees is up to date.
- A credit check will be done on all applications, in order to ascertain a credit limit for school fees and other goods and services supplied by Dainfern College. Your written consent is required for this.
- Once these steps have been completed, we will schedule a New Pupil Assessment of your child.
- Until all documents and the placement fee are received, we cannot proceed with the enrolment of your child.
What will happen next?
- Your application will be acknowledged telephonically or by email.
- Further information may be sought if required or if the application is incomplete. The College Principal will peruse your application and assessment, and decide if the application is to proceed to the interview stage.
- If your application is successful we will invite you, along with your child/ren, to attend an interview with the Principal of High School, where applicable. Interviews are not conducted for Preparatory School applicants.
- An interview does not mean that a place will be offered.
- If a place is not available, your child’s name will be placed on the waiting list (unless you notify the College that you do not wish to proceed with your application).
- If your application for enrolment is unsuccessful, you will be notified telephonically and by email as soon as possible.
- Offers of places will be forwarded by email as soon after the interview / assessment as is practicable. At this stage you will be given a copy of the Enrolment Contract that sets out the conditions and expectations of the parties, a list of documents required and the request for the placement fee.
- Acceptance of the offer is confirmed by signing the Enrolment Contract with the College, submission of all the documents required, and by payment of the Placement Fee.
Click here for the latest Fee Schedule.