Dainfern College is committed to world-class education. As such, we’re expanding our offering to include a Year 13 Cambridge International A-Level curriculum and are inviting our current Grade 12s as well as interested students from across Johannesburg to apply. Provided a minimum number of students enrol, the programme will be starting in January 2018 – exciting times!
Why you should consider A Levels
Students focus on three subjects that interest them and study these in more depth:
- This specialisation gives them an advantage in a competitive market.
- Cambridge qualifications are recognised and accepted worldwide. Which means the student can apply for study abroad, using their A Levels.
- A Year 13 makes a meaningful ‘gap year’ for students unsure of what they want to do. And A Levels are recognised at South African universities too!
- English Language OR English Literature
- Pure Mathematics
- Chemistry OR Physics
- History OR Global Perspectives & Research.
How it will work
A-Level classes will be held at Dainfern College, with specialist teachers and a director of A Levels to manage the programme. Depending on student majority interest, we will introduce the following subjects in 2018:
We’ll confirm acceptance by 15 June 2017 and classes will start in January 2018.
Applications close on 29 May 2017. Download the application form here.